Luxury Picnic: The Ultra Indulgent Way to Dine al Fresco
With summer upon us and the weather warmer, it’s such a shame to take your date nights indoors. Take advantage of the late setting summer sun and bring you and your beau to an al fresco glam picnic! (P.S. Gents: This would be an amazing way to propose to your lucky ladies!! Wink wink..)
Riviera Magazine San Diego recently paired me up with the talented Andrew Spurgin to bring our over the top picnic vision come to life & to catch up with all that’s been going on in the world of Alchemy Fine Events. For this summer time shoot I wanted to create an intimate design for 2 that you could recreate in your own backyard, local park or beach with a few easy upgrades to infuse into your luxury picnic. As a die-hard foodie myself, I was so excited to get to work with Andrew who created the most delectable gourmet & gorgeous bites… including spoonfuls of caviar we washed down with rose champagne. My kind of photoshoot! With a little help from my friends… we brought an over the top sexy, splashy luxurious picnic to the lake shores of Fairbanks Ranch in Rancho Santa Fe.
Here are my top 5 picnic essentials to make your glamorous picnic a huge success!!
TOP 5 LUXURY PICNIC STYLE ESSENTIALS
1. GO BIG – the luxury of what makes a picnic so fun is the unexpected. Anyone can have wrapped up PB&J’s in a basked but bring out the caviar, champagne and amazing cheeses to nibble on al fresco. Forgo the paper plates for a few beautiful serving pieces such as these gorgeous tiles by Tuo Sogno or some sassy vintage china & glassware by Hostess Haven. The contrast of luxury in the outdoors is what makes it so fun!
2. Super Soft Blanket & Pillows- I’d suggest an ultra soft cashmere throw from Missoni to snuggle up on when the sun sets.
3. BUBBLES –Beau Joie Brut Rose- the gorgeous copper laden bottle will impress even before letting the crisp, sweet bubbles hit your palette. After all, the only thing better than bubbles is pink bubbles. Bonus point: when served ice cold the copper keeps the bottle cooler longer! Style & purpose.
4. THE ULTIMATE CHEESE PLATE- from truffle laced Goudas to creamy Bries served on chewy nutty crackers with a dollop of goose liver pate. Vennissimo is my favorite go-to cheese shop in San Diego.
5. LUXURY PICNIC LUGGAGE - I am obsessed with vintage cocktail cases that make your perfect dry martini with a blue cheese olive very do-able! I also LOVE gourmet trotter cases out of the UK for a complete set of your essentials all on a gorgeous stacked case set of roll-able luggage.=
Photography by Robert Benson
Event Design & Styling by Alchemy Fine Events
Catering by Andrew Spurgin
Tableware by Hostess Haven
Flowers by Isari Flower Studio
Fashion Stying by Hall & Saks
Tiles by Tuo Sogno
Beauty by Beauti On The Go
Models provided by NO Ties
Pillows by La Tavola
Location Fairbanks Ranch