We are so excited to announce our upcoming bridal show DREAM. Being held at Luce Loft in the East Village of downtown San Diego, DREAM is an event produced by me, Alchemy Fine Events & Invitations, alongside Luna Photo, Isari Flower Studio and Exquisite Weddings Magazine. With this show and our dream team of vendors, we aim to showcase one cohesive affair with some of the best talents San Diego has to offer. If you are a bride that needs to complete their dream team of vendors, or are looking to find your entire team at once, please come and join us for a dreamy evening full of design, photography, food, music, invitations and more!
Check back to our DREAM page to see the current vendor list and updates about the show.
Don’t forget to check back on our DREAM page for more additions to our DREAM team!
Read More »
Summer Dreamin’: Bold Colorful Modern Glamour Beach Wedding Inspiration
Summer Dreams are in my head… A few months back when the weather was warm and the sun was shining, I designed what I consider to be a shoot so expressive of my own personal style and taste that it screams me! Lounge Appeal had just released their new Luxe Collection and asked me to design a shoot to showcase their modern new pieces. I have always been a huge fan of Diane Von Furstenberg and when her home collection came out I was jumping with joy. Bold, splashy colors, contrasting patterns and textures, and most of all…. GOLD! For me the most important thing about working with color is balance. The bright and daring color palette could easily look garish if not done correctly, but its the balance of the soft sea, sand and natural woods and burlap that help balance out this vivid tablescape.
So as you start to plan your summer wedding or event, here are some not so shy design ideas for your beach (or city) bash!
To offset the bold DVF china palette I infused a lot of warm and native feeling china in the form of exaggerated tortoise shell and hand painted vases in shades of amber to sand. Isari Flower Studio worked their magic again and brought in dinner plate dahlias, peonies and orchids ranging from hot fuchsia to raspberry to peach for a warm feminine palette.
Design & Styling by Alchemy Fine Events & Invitations
Photography by Scott Lawrence
Furniture by Lounge Appeal
Flowers by Isari Flower Studio
Read More »
The bauble is on your hand. You’re engaged, Now What?! The top 9 Wedding Planning steps to take once you’re engaged.
Congratulations!!! You’re engaged! You’ve dreamed of this day your entire life and it’s finally here! You’re ready to say “I do” to the person of your dreams at your ideal wedding, hop on a boat and then sail into the sunset to live happily ever after… but not so fast. There are so many details, to do’s, checklists, contracts and organization that go into each wedding that you may not have a clue about! On average, a wedding can easily take more than 100 hours of design and planning time, and that is from a team of professionals. Dedicating so much time to your wedding while working and still having a social life can become stressful, which is why we recommend hiring a skilled planner to coordinate… US!
Alchemy Fine Event & Invitations will work with you to take your vision and turn it into reality, so that you don’t have to bother with contracts, hidden fees, late nights and migraines. We want you to enjoy the excitement and anticipation leading up to one of the most memorable days of your life, so relax and let us do the dirty work.
Below are the top 9 wedding planning steps that we suggest to get your wedding planning off to a great start!
• Hire a Wedding Planner. With Alchemy Fine Events & Invitations as your wedding planner you know that you are working with a team of professionals that have as much passion for your wedding as you do. From design to planning to invitations, Alchemy will gently guide you through each step of the planning process to ensure that your vision is never lost and you never become stressed. Make sure to hire Alchemy Fine Events before you start booking any other vendors or venues as this is where we can benefit you the most with our negotiation and money saving skills. After signing with Alchemy we will provide you with a budget breakdown to work from as a guideline to ensure that your wedding stays on track financially from start to finish. We will also provide you with a detailed ‘Bride’s Guide’ timeline showing you what tasks are to be completed each month to keep you on track and stress free. From when to have your dress fittings, to mailing invitations, to obtaining your marriage license and even getting your color touched up, we’ll make sure you never skip a beat.
• Set a Date. Do you want to have an outdoor summer wedding or do you prefer an indoor autumn celebration? Do you want to have your wedding on a holiday weekend or do you envision yourself in the snow? Once a date is set then the fun part starts; the vision & location can come to life!
• Get Inspired. Alchemy will meet with you and your fiancé to learn about your passions, likes and dislikes from design to food to entertainment. We’ll then create a cohesive inspiration board with the endless details that will make your wedding extraordinary. From catering ideas, to décor and even fashion styling for you and your wedding party, we will creatively direct the entire vision from start to finish.
• Find a Dream Venue. With so many endless options, Alchemy will narrow down several choices that are within your price range that will enhance the theme of your wedding. Whether it be a tropical secluded beach, a lavish ballroom or a beautiful outdoor vineyard, we will find the most unique and special location to suit your needs.
• Find a Photographer. One of the most important aspects of your wedding day is your photographer. These are cherished photos that you will hold dearly for the rest of your life and should be a careful decision. Alchemy Fine Events works with some of the most talented photographers in the industry and will provide you with recommendations to fit your budget and style. Remember to book them fast as most photographers are booked up to a year out!
• Invitations. You’re in luck! Alchemy Fine Events creates exquisite, custom invitation suites designed specifically for you and your wedding. From Save-the-Dates to Invitations to Programs to Dessert Tags, we do it all! And most importantly, we do it with the same cohesive vision as your wedding.
• Find a Florist. With thousands upon thousands of different types of flowers, it’s hard to know what you want and the choices can be intimidating! Alchemy will suggest notable florists that fit your style and then work with them to create the perfect table scape designs, vase and décor selections, ceremony backdrops and even the perfect bouquet. After working with the florist of your choice to create the vision, we will create an actual table mock-up of your look to view in person to make sure that you are 100% ecstatic with every petal that will go into your special day.
• Entertainment. Whether you want a well-known DJ, acoustic performer or a 20-piece band, we can get it done! Alchemy uses its connections with top entertainment companies to ensure that you are getting the cream of the crop for the best price possible. Don’t settle in this area; it’s important to make sure you AND your guests are having a good time and dancing the night away.
• Food & Drinks. What will your guests dine on? From canapés to cocktails, Alchemy loves to work with the best caterers to create scrumptious personalized menus sure to impress your guests. Don’t forget about the cake! The artists here at Alchemy will sketch up a personalized design to present to a cake designer to ensure that your vision is carried through.
So for now relax, breathe, and relish in this moment. And then… let the wedding planning begin!
Credits: Ring photos courtesy of Martha Stewart WeddingsRead More »
Secret Garden Wedding Invitations & Sneak Peak
Last spring I had the pleasure of working with such a sweet romantic bride that loved nothing more than nature, shades of green and birds. We wanted to intertwine her love of all things beautiful and natural into their wedding invitations and wanted the feeling of a Secret Garden combined with Wedding. We started with the invitation and created an ornate gate design laser cut onto a rich emerald opalescent paper and combined a custom die cut shaped invitation with a soft ombre fade from sea foam to celery green. Rich floral patterns and illustrations were combined with luxe copper foiled keys and their names for a pop of glamour. For an additional detail we wrapped the whole invitation with a silk green ombre ribbon tied with a skeleton key to give the guests the ‘key to the secret garden’.
See below for more details from this glamorous Secret Garden Wedding including the decor, the unveil of the Secret Garden Dessert Bar and the gorgeous ombre tiered wedding cake.
To stay in theme with the Secret Garden we also used the laser cut belly bands from the invitations to hold each guests menu with their names written on the top of them.
Invitation Design by Alchemy Fine Events & Invitations
Event Design & Coordiantion by Alchemy Fine Events & Invitations
Photography by Mel Barlow & Co.
Flowers by Rountree Flowers
Venue Alpine Country Club
Entertainment by Greg Denard Band
Cake by La Promenade
Calligraphy by Calligraphy by JenniferRead More »